Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Christian Reading Blog


Hello!

I'm glad you took the time to drop into my blog.Please browse through the many titles and perhaps buy a book or two.

I was born in Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada but moved west at age eighteen. My first job was in what was then a TB sanatorium for natives; Eskimo and Indians. i worked in the kitchen, not washing dishes but preparing meals for the patient. this was exciting enough but at age eighteen I couldn't see myself doing this for a living the rest of my life. I quit and returned to Ontario. Being the youngest of the family, my brothers had left home long before i did and were married; as was my only sister. Mom was living with my sister and her husband and this was the only 'home' I had to return to. needless to say, i didn't stay very long and returned west. The longest job I held was a nurses' aide at the Home For retardates at Portage La Prairie. The powers that be told me I was such a natural at psychiatric nursing i should take the course and become a psychiatric nurse. I had decided to do this then along came Dennis Brooks, the man to be my future husband.

The first question children in classes at school readings asked me is 'When did you know you wanted to be a writer?" My answer; since I was ten years old. I spent a lot of time reading as I grew up in a small, but pretty hamlet of Sesekinika, in the northern part of the province of Ontario. Sesekinika would be about 500 miles north of Toronto accessible via the Ontario Northland Railroad and The Northern portion of the Trans-Canada Highway; it's also accessible by air as Air Canada has accommodations to land small jet aircraft at the airport in Earlton a short drive from Sesekinika. Other services such as High School , hospital ambulance police (more about that later) services all came from Kirkland Lake. We did have a lower grades school in Sesekinika, which I attended from grades one to eight. I , along with many other students, were bused into Kirkland lake to attend High School. Kirkland Lake, where I was born is, is,or was at that time, a gold mining city, twenty- one miles north-east of Sesekinika. These are places in the vast area known as the James Bay Frontier, the setting of The Asquinn Twins series. The Asquinn twins is a Christian/Young adult series set in the James Bay Frontier. What inspired me to write the series? Check back and read more.







"I didn't realize such a good thing could come
from Kirkland Lake".
A young reader who lives somewhere in the
James Bay
Frontier
where the series is set.

"Recommended family-friendly reading".
L & R Hartley a multia
media
publisher in Australia.

'These books should be on the shelves of
every Christian book store; they are that good,"
says Michael Keith Finch, a correctional officer
who lives in Waco Texes.

Michael K Finch again
I cannot overstate the value of this book as a resource
and learning tool for Christian families. This conclusion was
not drawn carelessly. The core issues of Christianity are
presented in a way that is both refreshing and inspirational.
Whether you are a Pastor, Deacon, Sunday School Teacher,
or even a Parent,you can use this book to help witness
to others about the redemptive power that is found by placing your
faith and trust in Jesus Christ.





The Asquinn Twins and The Lure Of Tamarack Marsh
The Asquinn Twins And the Lynx
The Asquinn Twins and The Exchange Student
The Asquinn Twins and Grant


REVIEWS

No comments: